Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find the answers to our most-asked questions.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team!
WHAT DO I NEED TO WEAR FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
• Please be advised that you may be asked to get undressed during your appointment. This is to help the Physiotherapist see the problem area and give an effective treatment.
• For lower-limb problems we recommend wearing shorts.
• For back/neck/shoulder complaints we advise that ladies wear a vest or strappy top.
• As always, we recommend wearing clothes that are comfortable and allow you to move freely.
CAN I BRING SOMEONE WITH ME TO MY APPOINTMENT?
• It is preferred that you attend your appointment alone where possible, however, a partner, carer or guardian can be allowed if you would feel more comfortable.
• Under 16’s are to be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
HOW DO I PAY FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
• If you are self-funding your treatment, we accept cash or cheques in our Clinics. Alternatively, our administration team can send over an invoice by email to be paid via BACS transfer.
How Long will my appointment take?
• Your initial face to face appointment will be between 40-60 minutes depending on appointment type.
• Follow up appointments will be between 20-45 minutes depending on appointment type.
• Your Physiotherapist or our administration team will able to offer you a more accurate time frame that reflects your treatment.
Do YOU TREAT NHS & INSURANCE PATIENTS?
• We are accepting new referrals and treating ongoing insurance patients at both clinics.
• Our Swadlincote clinic treats NHS patients registered with a South Derbyshire GP.
• Your level of treatment available is subject to your Insurer’s discretion.